2/13/10

Day Thirteen: Road Trip... What Am I To Do?!

I am going to Long Beach this weekend for my boyfriends jiu jitsu tournament. I woke up at six this morning so I could cook my meals for tonight and tomorrow. I plan on sharing a meal in exchange for a meal from my boyfriend. I can't cheat just because it's Valentine's Day weekend, right? So, I cooked two chicken thighs in the oven (they take one hour at 350 degrees) and I cooked two cups of rice and one cup of frozen veggies with a scrambled egg in the pan. I put the food in some containers and viola! Lunch to go for two. I ate some rice and veggies on the four hour car ride. I got really hungry and it was my only option. My boyfriend and I ate it for lunch and in exchange he made me a turkey sandwich and an avocado. I'm going to have to cook him a meal when we get home on monday in exchange for the meal he wants to buy for me tomorrow night. Looks like I'll be cooking us some chicken thighs and baked potatoes because that is really my only option. Oh, and the hotel we are staying at has complimentary breakfast. I'm so excited. I'm definitely going to pack some extra boxes of cereal for the day tomorrow.

Oh yes, and news for all of you. It has been brought to my attention that fast food places give away hour old french fries. Legally, they can't sell them. All you have to do is ask. I plan on using this strategy tomorrow after my boyfriends tournament.

ALSO, GO GET FREE COFFEE AT THAT GREEN GAS STATION ON SANTA ROSA STREET. The coffee was free this last week as a promotion for the gas station. Tomorrow is the last day so get it!! Okay, so here is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
One FREE COFFEE from the "green" gas station on Santa Rosa street right by the park: about 200 calories
One egg: 54 calories and 33 calories are from fat
Two slices of toast: 240 calories and 30 are from fat

Lunch:
1/4 cup of rice and 1/8 cup of frozen veggies: 190 calories
One chicken thigh: 95 calories and 54 are from fat

Dinner:
One turkey sandwich on wheat bread: 240 calories and 45 are from fat
One avocado: 276 calories and 248 are from fat
Two glasses of juice: 220 calories

Total calories for the day: 1515 calories and 410 calories are from fat

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Niki! Keep up the good work! Also, my friend Nancy is sending me a coupon for you for Subway "Buy a six inch sandwich and get one free" Maybe Robert can buy one and you can use the coupon!

    ReplyDelete