2/9/10

Day Seven and Eight: Superbowl Sunday & Bartering for Food

I was at my boyfriends families house for Superbowl Sunday. I didn't want to accept their food for free, (I feel like that would be cheating) so I exchanged some chips I made out of three potatoes for a sausage and some veggies. Also, I helped around their house for a couple of hours so they gave me a meal to take home for the next day and some fruit.

 These are the "free food" rules I have set up for myself:
1. I may accept free food if it is available for a group of people.
2. I may work for food. (Every person is capable of doing so.)
3. I may exchange my food for other food. (Again, every person may use this strategy and should. It's a great way of making more food out of less.)
4. I may pick from friends orange, grapefruit or other fruit types of trees if they offer. (This food is truly free since it is growing from the ground.)
I don't want to accept people paying for my meals or people offering me free hand outs because I feel like that would be sort of cheating. Although technically, this is free food for myself, I would only be proving that I am capable of mooching off of others and that is not what this project is about. This project is about challenging myself to be more money conscious and to experience a life that is reality for those that are less fortunate than myself. What do you think? Would accepting meals from friends and family without me doing anything in return be cheating? Feel free to comment! I would love to hear from all of you.

Day Seven Calories:

Lunch:
5 celery sticks: 5 calories
2 tbsp of artichoke dip: 300 calories and approx. 80 calories are from fat
10 snap peas: 14 calories
10 baby carrots: 50 calories (5 calories in each).
1 jalepeno and cheese sausage: 160 calories and 110 calories are from fat
1 potato cut into chips and tbsp of vegetable oil : 110 calories and 232 calories and 240 are from fat

Dinner:
Two serving of noodles and spaghetti sauce: 540 calories and 40 calories are from fat

Total Calories from Day Seven: 1411 calories and 470 calories are from fat

Day Eight Calories:

Lunch:
Two servings of noodles and spaghetti sauce: 540 calories and 40 calories are fat

Dinner:
One chicken breast: 142 calories and 28 calories are from fat
One serving of rice: 120 calories
 One cup of salad: (Lettuce, tomatoes and avocadoes) 6 calories, 15 calories (half of a tomato) and 1/4 of one avocado: 69 calories and 62 calories are from fat.

Total Calories from Day Eight: 892 calories and 130 calories are from fat

No comments:

Post a Comment