2/28/10

Costco Samples / Dumpster....Looking? / Day Twenty-Seven

Going to Costco and eating some samples is one great way of eating for free. After I made a couple of rounds I felt really full. Also, I let my cousin sleep at my apartment for the night in exchange for some sushi.
Finally, my boyfriend, Robert and I went to the Trader Joe’s dumpster to try to find food. I took one look and said, “There is no way I’m going in there. There wasn’t anything but bags of disgusting trash and it was all wet from the rain. I’m wondering how often people find edible food when they go dumpster diving. Here is what I ate during day twenty seven:

Breakfast:
Four oranges: 180 calories
One egg: 54 calories and 33 calories are from fat
Two potatoes: 220 calories

Lunch:
Two veggie chip samples: 75 calories and 30 calories are from fat
Two salsa and tortilla chip samples: 70 calories and 30 calories are from fat
Three Flax Plus samples: 130 calories and 45 calories are from fat
Two sandwich thins and roast beef sample: 50 calories and 10 calories are from fat
Two salami samples: 120 calories and 80 calories are from fat

Dinner:
One crunch roll: about 365 calories
Edamame beans: 100 calories and 25 calories are from fat

Total calories: 1364 calories and 253 calories are from fat

1 comment:

  1. the one thing I worry about the Costco free sample is that this requires membership at Costco, doesn't it? Therefore, one on a very strict budget cannot really take advantage of this free food.

    ReplyDelete