3/2/10

The Day After

Today I enjoyed a nice Subway sandwich for lunch. I ordered the sub of the day: a turkey and ham sandwich. I had the worker pile as many veggies as he could. Eating that sandwich was a nice way to begin life as it was before my project. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and buying lots of fruit and veggies to make a really delicious salad. KSBY did a story on my project for their news show tonight. Here is the link to the story: http://www.ksby.com/player/?video_id=2729&zone=1&categories=1. Thank you everyone for supporting me! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Great job! I admire that you stuck with it all the way thru.
    I would like to comment on the fact that it was not really a very balanced diet and it would be extremely hard for someone to do on a long term basis, particularly anyone doing any kind of physical work.
    One question, you had a lot of potatoes...how were they cooked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked them, diced them, and then fried them. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki, I realize that you're more or less done with your project, but I was wondering if you considered any of the public kitchens (bread lines)as an option? -- granted, there's only a handful serving SLO County (a few churches, ECHO, and perhaps Prado are the only ones that come to mind). Also, if you volunteer at the Cal Poly Organic Farm, they give you a box of fresh veggies (an awesome deal by the way).

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did consider food banks as an option, but I didn't want to take away from people who really need the food. This project was only a short reality for me, but it's a reality that others have to face every day. Thank you for the Cal Poly Organic Farm idea. I wish I had known about that sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog on accident and I read through the whole thing. It gave me a lot of great ideas as I'm pretty much living on a dollar or less a day. Thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete